Health is top of mind for most drivers today. You’re sitting in your seat for hours on end. It is actually dangerous for your health to stay sitting for long periods of time.
Maintaining flexibility through the years will help your health and fitness. Breaking up your day by pulling over and doing a few stretches could actually help you toward a healthier (and longer) life.
Whether you’re an old stretching pro or a nervous newbie, these steps could help you learn the secrets of becoming more elastic.
Keep basic tips:
- Warm up with light exercising before stretching. (jumping jacks, running in place, high knees, etc)
- Do deep stretching at least three times a week…(That’s easy enough)
- Don’t hold your breath…(Breath through the pain)
- Don’t bounce
- If it hurts, you’re stretching too hard.
Okay, are you ready to stretch? Remember these three key tips!
- Slowly stretch for 10 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat each stretch 5-10 times.
- When you repeat try to go A LITTLE further each time as long as it doesn’t hurt.
Why do you want to become more flexible?
- Improve athletic performance.
- Decrease the risk of injury.
- Increase the range of motion in your joints.
- Boost circulation!